Monday, January 23, 2012

Some days are tougher than others

I am really trying hard to find the good in every day, even when it's hard. Today is one of those days. Every time the Dave person calls, he sounds more and more down. Every person he has talked to today has said no. Again. He had the same type of day on Friday. It breaks my heart, to hear him so down on days when everything is going wrong for him.

I don't have those type of days, I am the one staying here and managing the phone calls, emails and other stuff that comes along. Dave meets many more people than I do - and therefore hears all the 'no' answers more than me. And I know it's hard to keep going from one store to the next. But, that's what we do.

It seems that most businesses anymore don't have the funds to advertise. That's what they tell us anyway. Then, of course, we open other publications and see their ads. And realize why they don't have the money to advertise. They spent it elsewhere. I'd rather hear that than "I don't have any money."

Of course, they also follow that 'no' with "but make sure you bring the magazine in, people sure love it." Like, we do this magazine to bring customers into their businesses for the heck of it. We do this magazine to bring people into the BUSINESSES THAT ADVERTISE. Not the ones that don't.

Then there are also those businesses that say "I'll advertise next month". Of course, they might say that for six months before they take out an ad. So, for five of those months Dave takes his time to go to their business for them to say "next month."

Ahh, this felt good. I'm sorry you've had to read about me ranting and raving. It's been one of those days. Here's hoping the rest of your day just improves from this moment on!

Blessings to you,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment