Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Change is a'coming!

The weather is gorgeous outside. Not too hot, not too cold. But the trusty ole' weatherdude is telling me that change is coming. Not too sure I'm ready for full blown winter yet. I've got too much to get accomplished still before the cold chilly days of winter arrive. But, alas, what I want isn't exactly what the good Lord upstairs wants. He's got his plan - and at times it just doesn't jive with my plan. I'm good at changing plans in midstream though, so it's all good.

Our deadline week is just around the corner - again! Time just flies by anymore. Why is it when you are younger it drags on, when you are older - you wish it would drag on. I remember when I was younger and would be waiting for dad to get home from one or another of his military missions. His time in Vietnam seemed like years, years he was gone and we were in Idaho just waiting for news from him.

Long before the thought of internet. Long before folks gathered at airports to welcome home our soldiers from the war. No, when my dad came home they were just angry he was even there. Like he had a choice! It was certainly not his choice to leave his family for years at a time. I would have loved to have been able to video chat with him while he was gone. We waited for letters! Or the sporatic phone call.  I could not have been prouder of my dad during his military years.

I continue to hold such a strong love of the armed services in my heart. The men and women protecting our country deserve every bit of our prayers and thanks for the job they endure every day while deployed. And the wives and husbands left behind. Goodness, my mom took on quite a job marrying a military guy - something I appreciate more every day.

We were hauled to Japan at a young age and didn't come back stateside for over five years. What my grandparents must have gone through during those years. I get to see Jocey anytime I want by logging onto a computer and chatting with her. My grandparents got to wait on letters.

Well, goodness, I don't know how my conversation went from the cold, chilly weather of fall/winter to talking about the military. Rambling along again I guess. I hope each and every one of you have the best day yet! And continue to keep our military in our prayers .... and the weathermen too....

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment