Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So thankful to live in the United States

I've been watching some of the coverage of Amanda Knox this morning. Quite the story, yes it is. Although I feel back for the young lady that died and her family, I was just so happy when they called the verdict. I really figured that they would still consider her guilty. All I know is, I'm sure darned happy to call myself a resident of the United States of America. I certainly don't want to visit Italy anytime soon, that's for sure.

I just can't imagine what Amanda's friends and family have gone through for the past four years. The trips to Italy must have cost them a fortune. I was thinking this morning, when they arrive back in Seattle, what a feeling they will have - knowing that the trips to Italy are no longer a part of their lives.

How do you just put your life on hold for four years? You do it for the sake of your children. Amazing thing ... that thing called parenthood. It so changes your life, forever. I'm thankful every day of my life for so many things - my wonderful husband, my adorable grandkidlet, my family from church, my family in general. But nothing makes me more thankful in life than having had a daughter almost 30 years ago. I wanted tons of kids, well maybe 10. That wasn't to be. God had other plans I guess.

I was always the one that said my job when I grew up was to be a mommy. I guess instead of being bummed that God only gave me one, I should be thankful that God AT LEAST gave me one! The alternative is unthinkable.

Thankfully I've never had to travel to a foreign country to try to save her butt! She's been a pretty good kidlet - and for that I'm additionally thankful. But, hey, I'd travel to the lengths that the Knox family did. Just glad I haven't had to!

Have an awesome day everyone. God is good, and gave us this day to do good for somebody - whether it's just for yourself or for someone else.

Blessings ..... Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment