Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas from All Things Country

So, I woke up this morning in a sour mood. Guess I didn't sleep too well, or maybe I slept too well. Who knows. I hate waking up and being in a bad mood. I'm guessing that the Dave person hates it when I wake up bad too.

As I enjoyed that first cup of coffee, and contemplated life ... our life to be exact, we turned on the television. First thing I saw, gas prices are going up. By a bunch. A busy travel time arrives and prices rise, hmmm. Even though I'm not traveling farther than Olive Hill this holiday season, it still means more money for gas. Even worse, it means our business expenses just went up. And why? Because of greed. We travel alot each month. Between Dave and I we put alot of miles each month on vehicles. And the daily expense of gasoline is dictated by greed. I hate it.

Can you guess that my mood isn't getting any better? Nope, not a bit. And the next news story involves our crooked politicians and the fight 'this time' over how much money we make each month. These crooked politicians who make MILLIONS of dollars themselves are dictating my bottom line. They've been fighting amongst theirselves for years now and get nothing done. Again, my life dictated by greed.

Maybe another cup of coffee will help. Surely can't hurt by this point. But, oh yes, in my bad mood I figured out a way to ruin that too. I put sugar and cream in my coffee .... chocked full of preservatives and junk that is killing me. Our conversation turns to how our food is slowly killing us all. Dave and I consume alot of our own food, grown out in our gardens. We have really only eaten beef off of the C2H2 Farm since moving to Kentucky, except for eating out. Yet, we consume alot of crap too! And our food is all approved by agencies that don't care about the consumer, they would lose their jobs if they spoke up. And goodness, they have big salaries. Greed, yet again.

Well, goodness. I poured the coffee out and headed to the back porch. What does the morning bring now? Fog, that's what! It's so darned foggy out there, I can't even see the neighbor's house. And there is rain on the way. More rain. Can nothing be beautiful this morning?

Yes, it can. You see, in just a few more days it's Christmas. It's a magical time of the year, at least for most. That is, if you see the true spirit of the season. It's not about the gifts and trying to have the next 'big thing'. It's about the music, the lights, the spirit of why we have Christmas. At least it is for me this year. I could spin this thing around and make it another bad part of my morning. I really could. Ad sales are non-existent this month. Between businesses being closed, some of them for good, and people taking time off during this time of year, the Dave person has had a hard time. Which makes his mood as raw as mine. Our book is printed each month through the generosity of our advertisers, so when we have no ad sales ..... it makes it pretty darned small. And realistically .... no paycheck for me!

But, even that isn't going to ruin my day. Nope. I can't do anything about it but to keep on working hard each and every day. As long as the good Lord gives me another day, I'll do what I can to justify being here. And for today, well I'm going to go with all my might. But as I go through my day, I'm going to listen to CHRISTmas music, enjoy my CHRISTmas lights, eat a few CHRISTmas cookies and keep in mind that I'm here for a reason and the man above has a plan.

Here is wishing each and every one of you the very best CHRISTmas yet. I appreciate that you've taken the time to read my blog and hope you'll pass it along. YOU have improved my day just by reading!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Blessings......Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment