Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day has arrived, is Spring next?

The day has arrived. The folks up in Pennsylvania are having quite the party this morning, at least that's the looks of it by the coverage they are showing on the Today Show. Is Spring around the corner or not? The big question of February 2nd of every year.

I am guessing that the little guy is going to crawl out of his hole and ask everyone what happened to winter.... what if he says Spring will arrive 6 weeks after winter finally arrives? Oh my goodness, we'll be in trouble then.

In the West, we never took much interest in groundhog day. Usually on February 2nd the entire western side of the United States is covered with snow. Not this year. Not by a long-shot. I am not completely sure if anywhere in the good ole' USA has a normal snowpack. This means lots of bugs next summer. Yuck! And lots of wildfires. Yuck! So, Mr. Groundhog won't be too pleased.

I could use some spring right now. Even some spring for my step. It's been a long month. We travel to approximately twenty counties each month, trying to sell advertising and delivering books. This month, we got ads out of five counties. Very few ads. The worst month ever for All Things Country. Which means another small book.

If I hear I'll take an ad in March again, I might scream. Should I reply, "well, we'll have a book again in March?" Or, "I guess I'll eat again next month." I guess I really sound ungrateful. And I'm not. I appreciate every single ad that we get every month. And, from the sounds of it, I will be busy next month. Thank goodness! Lots of people have already said they want an ad in March, so I will go into February with hope.

Much more hope than I have today. Do I spend the money in gas to drive around and ask people for ads or do I just give up the ghost and go from here? Decisions, decisions, decisions. I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day every day. Every day we get up and wonder how many times we will hear no. And pray we'll hear yes.

Oh, well. Every day that I wake up is a blessing. And if God wants me to go broke, I guess that's what he wants.........

Blessings everyone. Have a great day!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment