Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another big weather day

Goodness, have you seen the weather forecast for central Kentucky? We've got a roller coaster of a ride for the next few days. But, it's not just Kentucky that is affected. The storms are starting today clear down in Texas. They'll sweep across the plains today headed right for us.

Those of you that know me, know that I love watching the weather. I subscribe to Chris Bailey's weather blog and follow along each day as he makes his predictions. They are usually pretty accurate and that's because Mr. Bailey loves the weather about as much as anyone! You can follow along at http://kyweathercenter.com/ if you like weather too.

The Facebook world has opened up weather for me all that much more! You see, I have friends all over the United States and weather affects them too. For instance .... cousin Doug Atkinson lives in Texas and they have some wild weather. Today, Oklahoma is in the bullseye .... classmate Brad Duncan and his wife live there. Not to mention, the storms will eventually reach Nashville and I've got several FB friends down there. Not to mention my MaMichele - tonight is an Opry night!

Of course, I still keep up with the Northwest's weather too since the kidlet lives back there, not to mention all my former classmates and many friends and family that still reside in the West. The kidlet has a 40 mile drive up the Clearwater River each morning to get to her teaching job and it worries me to death. It's a pretty wild drive on dry, clear roads. Throw in snow and it becomes very treacherous. But, hey, that's where I learned to drive so I have to remember that!

It's almost been a year since the horrible tornado outbreak that wiped out several small towns in Kentucky. I'm just hoping today's weather doesn't produce nearly the outcome that we experienced last year. Be safe everyone and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment