Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The delivery rush brings joy too

You've got to find the joy in everything you do. I try to do that at least. Whenever I hear something that makes me mad, I try to listen to it with a different point of view. And usually, my opinion changes somewhat. The rush of delivery has it's highs and lows too. It's hard on my old back. Between driving so many miles and getting in and out of the car so many times, by the end of the first day my back and shoulders really hurt. It sucks getting old.

But, I have to look at delivery on the flip side too. We get to go out and visit so many people when we deliver the magazine. And everyone gets a smile on their face when they see us coming, so that's equally as nice. I don't get out and about like Dave does during the month. It's common knowledge that I'm pretty much a homebody during the week. It's a good thing I have so many meetings to attend each week, or I'm afraid I would never leave the AlpacaBerry Farm. I have too much fun with the critters and everything else that goes with farming.

Dave likes the fact that I don't get out too much. Well, most of the time he does. You see, I hardly ever go shopping. I'm not a shopping type of person. I'm a list type of person - and when I do get out I just get what I need then. So along with delivery, comes my shopping time too. If I were out more, I'd probably want to spend more money. So, the Dave person really saves when I stay home :-).

We'll finish up delivery today. Yesterday my sis and I delivered Winchester, Mt. Sterling, Camargo, Owingsville, Farmers, Cave Run, Morehead and Olive Hill. Today we're headed north - and south. We'll be leaving the book at the Welcome Centers along I-75 now. So we're headed to Paris and Cynthiana, then up to Florence. Hopefully, we can then get back on I-75 and drive south to Jellico. It depends on the time, of course. Sometimes the visiting gets in the way of the driving.

And, heck, the visiting brings the joy. So I'm all for that.

Have a great day everyone! And be safe out on the roads. I know I will be!

Blessings, Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment