Thursday, January 5, 2012

Trying to breath before we pick up the magazine

The newest All Things Country Magazine is on the press as I type this. It heads to the bindery department tomorrow and we will pick it up Monday morning in Winchester. The days leading up to sending the magazine off to the printers get to be pretty hectic. Everything else seems to take a back seat during these few days. Once it's been 'fetched' to Dayton, I can breathe a little bit. I usually sleep the first few hours, because I work about 24 hours straight leading up to the finished product.

Thankfully, I have these few days to get caught up on laundry, housework and farm work before the rush of delivery begins. Otherwise I would always need one of those door mats that says "The house was clean last week, sorry you missed it." Sometimes I think that would be a pretty handy doormat to have!

Once the magazine is gone though, it's hard for me to breathe until I see the finished product. And that's usually a scary event too. What if I've made a mistake? Hate it. Hate the thought of it. But I know that errors are inevitable. It's hard with a monthly publication to correct an error, like with a newspaper that prints more often. I can correct it with the online version, but can't do much about the printed version. And, trust me, we've had to stuff the entire 12,000 papers with a correction before! It's not fun. But, I hate it if an advertiser is unhappy too.

I've got my list going for tomorrow, and the weekend. It's not like we can relax much, it's just that we aren't doing much with the magazine during these three days. So, I try to catch up, at least what I can do depending on the weather. We are supposed to have a pretty nice weekend, so remodeling work in the barn might be on the agenda. We've got several mommy goats that are due in the next few weeks, so birthing stalls are in order. Dave had been in and out of the barn all day checking on our Barbie girl. She's so big, she can hardly move! Are triplets in there? We'll see soon.

I've been wanting to try a new recipe too, maybe I'll be able to get that in the schedule too. I'm a big fan of chocolate covered cherries - and found a recipe that sounds pretty easy - so I think I'm up for the challenge. They can't be eaten for at least 10 days, so it will be a treat once deadline week hits again.

Whoa, I don't even want to think about deadline week already! Guess it's time to end this and try some relaxing for the evening.

Blessings to you all. Thanks for reading along.....
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment