Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ramblings of an editor

Gosh, for being the editor of a magazine, I sure don't have much to say today. I sat down here to type my blog and have started - and deleted - several different stories. Just not sure what to ramble on about today. I guess I should have saved them all and combined them to make this worth reading!

I started off with a Sister Adventure story. But, hey, we just went to Lexington. Who really cares about that? It was a beautiful day for a drive yesterday and I really enjoyed meeting a few new business people along the way. I very rarely travel to Lexington, so it's big news for me. Kind of sad, huh? I'm more of a small town girl, so heading into Lexington mostly gives me a headache. The traffic is horrible. Waiting at stops lights is horrible. Watching some of the folks around me, well I must admit that isn't so horrible. I am, afterall, a people watcher. You know, everyone has a story!

My next attempt was a Puppy story. I'm falling in love with these puppies. But, those who know me know how much I love my dogs, so it's only inevitable that I would love these puppies. Thank goodness they have homes or else our feed bill would be rising!

Then, I looked outside. Hmmm, maybe a story about the weather. It's sure gray and ugly looking out right now. Rain is arriving ... again. Not snow, just rain. Wet, yucky, muddy yards to enjoy for the next few days. But, you know, I'm tired of talking about the weather. It's winter and we haven't had much 'weather' to speak of, so there isn't much to say but 'more rain.'

I could write about all the yummy recipes I've been typing up for the February magazine.......

Funny how things work. As I'm sitting here pondering all of my thoughts, the door bell rings and one of our great readers was standing at the door with her granddaughter. They brought us a poem for our magazine. Ahhh, respite from my ramblings! And we had a lovely conversation ... about life, kids, critters. I only see Deborah every few months, but I always enjoy catching up with her. She has frequently submitted articles to the magazine over the years and we love her contributions.

As I walked her and Harmony to their car, I heard a familiar sound in the barn. Babies!! Yep, one of the momma goats was cleaning them up in the breezeway when I opened the door. Oh goodness, I think. I'm home alone. Deborah offered to stay and help me, but I figured Dad was just up the road ... no problem. Only problem was, Dad was in town - not at home!

It's a good thing I pay attention, because I actually knew what to do !! And I was successful with it at that. They are now calling a new stall their home - and are both eating off their momma. I have to go back out in a bit and check on them and will take a few pictures to share.

I guess, somehow - someway, when you live on a farm, you can come up with a story!

I hope you all have a blessed afternoon.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment