Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year ... a new start for all!

One year has rolled over to another. We have reached the year 2012. My how time flies. It seems like just yesterday that we worried about the year 2000 arriving and that was 12 years ago. Gosh, why does time go so fast when you get older?

It's always a cleansing time, when one year ends. A time to reflect on the years that have passed, and then you add in hopes for the new year. For some, we are just happy to have survived the past year. So much tragedy and sadness in the world. I have to rely on the fact that our Lord has told us that he is taking care of things. All we have to do is believe. And I'm a believer. I can't help but have hope for the new year. For I know the Lord is watching over me.

Last year was a pretty good year for me. My husband pulled off the surprise of my life when he surprised me for my 50th birthday. I was able to travel to Idaho this past month to watch my daughter graduate with her Master's Degree. I am blessed to have many friends around the world - and those right next door too.

And our advertisers and readers, I can't say enough about the support we receive at All Things Country. Times are tough all over, but we have such a great circle of support that I know 2012 will be even better than 2011. Things are going to turn around, one way another. If the government isn't going to do anything, then the people will.

So I can't complain, not really. There are many more people in the world with a whole heck of a lot of problems and trials than me. I've gained a whole new family through my church and that is the most encouraging thing I can hope for in the new year. And for each and every one of you, thanks for reading along.

So, Happy New Year to all of you. Here's hoping that you are as blessed as I am.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment