Friday, January 27, 2012

A new direction?

Business is slow, not only for us but for many. And the sad part is when business is slow and folks don't take out ads, our magazine is small. Not only is it small, but our income disappears. Literally. We have lost so many advertisers in the past two months that we will no longer be able to go to all the counties we used to. We haven't ever had an ad out of some of the counties we deliver to, so we're going to have to switch directions and go towards a different target area.

It is so sad to watch the little towns slowly disappear. I went back and looked at some back issues and it's apparent how many advertisers we've lost by the number of them that are no longer in business. Of course, we still have lots of readers in those areas and the remaining businesses always want us to bring the book in, but it's just not feasible any longer. Thank goodness, it's still always available online, so I'm hoping many will be able to continue along on our journeys.

All Things Country Magazine will be available in twenty counties, just the same though! We're just focusing on a different list of counties. I was taught when I was very young to never give up. And I'm pretty hard headed. So, instead of defeat, another plan is in order. We'll obviously always be available in Estill, Powell, Wolfe, Lee, Clark, Madison, Montgomery, Carter and Bath counties. And hopefully enough of our find advertisers from these counties will continue to believe in All Things Country Magazine by taking out ads.

New to our list will be counties along the I-75 corridor - from Tennessee to Ohio. So essentially our distribution area will be I-75 North to South and counties bordering I-64 from Fayette County to Carter County. Unfortunately this is where the businesses that can advertise are located. I say unfortunately, because most citizens of the smaller counties take their business to these larger counties. This is why the smaller businesses are closing!!

Again, this makes me sad. I would so much rather promote the businesses in the smaller towns than try to get business from Lexington area businesses. But, in the scheme of things, we are business-people too. And publication of All Things Country Magazine is important - to many of our readers at least! I see that from the letters and comments I get every day. I hear that from the many comments I hear when I'm out and about. Like when someone stops me in the grocery store to ask me about Abby Tracks. Or when they get excited because they found it for the very first time! It's these people that are our driving force.

I also love promoting the advertisers that do have that faith in us! I sit on this computer all day, most every day, promoting ATC and the fine businesses that advertise. I push them on Facebook. I promote their businesses like they were my own. Because without them, we would be nowhere.

Well, I guess I'd better get off of here and on to my next project for the day. Hoping you have a great day, wherever you may be. It's Friday, so have a great weekend too!

Blessings to you. Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment