Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Food dreams

I woke up this morning hungry - and I'm never hungry in the mornings. I've spent the past couple of days typing up recipes sent in by our viewers and I guess I slept the night away dreaming of all the dishes I want to try out.

I'm not a very good cook. You have to have a mother that's a good cook - and I didn't have that - therefore I never really learned to be a good cook. And to compete with a Southern cook? I wouldn't even try. But I am trying to learn new things in the kitchen and all of these recipes just sound so yummy.

I hear about it when we don't include recipes in our book. When space allows I put them in, but I don't always have the room. The number of pages we produce each month is dependent upon the ads that we sell. We try to run it about 50% advertising, 50% good news, so you get some variety. We have had letters from readers saying they even enjoy reading the ads, so that's always encouraging.

So, for February, it's our goal to sell just as many ads as we can, so I can include just as many of these recipes as possible. It should be a good edition, especially for advertisers. Since the copy will be kept for the recipes, the ads will be around for a long, long time.

After completing a 'mini-book' of Uncle Bobby's Poetry over the holidays, my sister has suggested I do a "Reader's Recipes" cookbook, something I may just have to think about!

All this talk of food has made me even hungrier, guess I should get off of here and get to cooking! Have a blessed day everyone. We have a weather front moving through Kentucky today, so hang on for a bumpy ride. The winds have really been howling this morning.

Be safe all .... Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment